Fri, 02 Dec|
Body-Based Tools for Emotional Regulation and Healing Trauma: An Embodied Training Workshop for Practitioners
Do you want to explore body-based interventions that can support people who experience anxiety, anger issues or depression?
Time & Location
02 Dec 2022, 08:45 – 13:30 GMT+1
About the Event
“Body sensation, rather than intense emotion, is the key to healing trauma.”
(Peter Levine, p.12 in Waking the Tiger, Healing Trauma)
*Do you want to explore body-based interventions that can support people who experience anxiety, anger issues or depression?
*Are you a practitioner who would like to practice embodied tools on how to work with trauma even when working online?
*Do you want to practice and learn various embodied interventions that help the regulation of emotions?
Nature of Group: Open to Multi-disciplinary Practitioners, including psychotherapists, social workers, psychologists, care-workers, psychiatrists, counsellors, guidance teachers, teachers, youth workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, and more.
Location: Online Zoom
When experiencing trauma, we might not feel initially regulated enough to ‘tell the story’; thus other ways that support the expression and regulation of emotions can be crucial (Van der Kolk, 2014). While working through the process of trauma might be a complex and multi-faceted process, clients need some immediate, accessible tools that they can take home with them and are able to practice also in between sessions. In this workshop, we will practice tools that focus on ”the body as healer” (Levine, 1997). These tools include breathing, felt sensations in the body, touch and movement.
Therapeutic interventions (even online) do not have to take place constantly sitting down or relying only on words. While for some clients incorporating movement or other non-verbal practices in our therapy is a choice, for others, right-brain, multi-sensory interventions are definitely the treatment of choice for many evidence-based reasons.
“The body is the shore on the ocean of being”, Sufi saying.
Fee 70€ Full Fee
60€ Early bird fee if you pay by the 2nd October 2022
Booking and Payment Procedure:
1. Booking through the website: https://www.drelainegrechpsychotherapist.com/upcoming-events
and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
• Payment needs to take place within 24 hours otherwise, your registration will not be secured.
• Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
• Email confirmation of payment on email@example.com so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding the workshop.
3. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and will receive a certificate of attendance after completing the workshop.
4. Please note that it is on a first come first served basis and therefore, your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
5. The payment is non-refundable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being cancelled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
6. Around a week before the workshop, you will receive an email with the zoom link and some ideas on how to prepare yourself for the training.
Looking forward to our shared space.
Dr Elaine Grech
Payment on Revolut
or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
Paypal firstname.lastname@example.org (If using PayPal please add 5 euro to the amount to cover the PayPal Fee).
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
Looking forward to our embodied space.
Dr Elaine Grech