Wed, 29 Mar|
Exploring Embodiment and Attuned Touch as Therapeutic Interventions
Training Workshop for Multi-disciplinary Practitioners
Time & Location
29 Mar, 08:30 GMT+2 – 30 Mar, 13:30 GMT+2
Amethyst, 6, Amethyst, Profs. Jos. E. Debono Street Pembroke, Malta
About the Event
Location: Face-to-Face Pembroke Clinic (Limited Number)
Price: 100 euros (includes 2 tea breaks)
“The experience of the felt sense gives us a backdrop for reconnecting with the animal within ourselves" (Levine 1997. p.86)
“(…) we all have the innate capacity to heal our traumas” (Levine, 1997, p.32)
Trauma can impact the way we experience touch. In our practice or in our own lives, we might experience the interrupted reaching-out movement (freeze), the triggers (fight) or the avoidance of touch (flight). In this experiential workshop, we will practice therapeutic tools that aim to transcend these challenges in an embodied way. The work is inspired by trauma-informed and body-oriented/somatic practices.
In this embodied workshop, we will practice:
· Feeling at home in our own body
· Being mindful of our own embodied presence
· Identifying and working through counter-transference and projective identification through embodiment
· Embodiment work to attune to strengths and areas of growth
· Attuned/mindful touch
· Exploring the use of touch in emotional regulation
· Undoing retroflection, supporting the body to reach out
· Movement for emotional regulation
Nature of Group: Open to Various Practitioners, including psychotherapists, social workers, psychologists, care workers, psychiatrists, counsellors, guidance teachers, teachers, youth workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, and more.
I look forward to seeing you again face-to-face in this workshop!
Wishing you well and thank you for your service to the community!
Fee: 100€ (includes 2 tea breaks)
1. Book Through the Website's Upcoming Events
and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
• Payment needs to take place within 24 hours; otherwise, your registration will not be secured.
• Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
• Email confirmation of payment on email@example.com so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding the workshop.
3. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and a certificate of attendance after completing the workshop.
4. Please note that it is on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore, your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
5. The payment is non-refundable and non-transferable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being canceled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
6. Around a week before the workshop, you will receive an email with details on the location and some ideas on how to prepare yourself for the training.
Payment on Revolut
or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
(If using PayPal, please add 5 euros to the amount to cover the PayPal Fee).
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
Group Rate (for 10 +)
A group of 10 participants or more can benefit from a group discount.