Fri, 10 Nov|
6, Amethyst, Prof. Jos. E. Debono Street
Further Psychotherapy Training Workshop for clinical supervisors and multi-disciplinary professional leaders
Tools on how to support the clinicians’ well-being.
Time & Location
10 Nov, 08:15 – 13:30 GMT+1
6, Amethyst, Prof. Jos. E. Debono Street, Pembroke, Malta
About the Event
“Wellbeing is nurtured by living a meaningful life where one is honouring one’s core values. For well-being professionals, self-care is therefore key”.
Date: Friday 10th November 2023
Time: 8.30am to 1.30pm (5 CPD hours)
Facilitated by: Dr Elaine Grech
Gestalt Psychotherapist; Systemic Couple and Family Therapist Accredited Supervisor; Warranted Psychotherapist: PPBM 20; Warranted Teacher: 9513;
B.Psy.(Hons.); Dip.Gest.Psych.(G.P.T.I.M.); MSc.Lond. Systemic Couple & Family Therapy; PhD (Melit.) Family Studies;
Aim of the Workshop: To provide extra psychotherapy training for multi-disciplinary therapeutic supervisors with a central role in supporting professionals in their care. The core themes that will be covered in this workshop and others to follow are relevant to various multi-disciplinary supervisors who aim to develop their supervisory practices therapeutically. Opening the space to multi-disciplinary professionals also aims to build bridges between therapeutic professionals.
Aimed for: Clinical supervisors or leaders in the field of well-being, social care and education who supervise or mentor other practitioners in their field. These professionals include psychotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, social workers, psychiatrists, residential care workers, youth workers, support workers, professional caregivers, leaders, educators, leaders and managers in social care and others.
This training workshop is the first of a series of workshops I will be organising on separate days over the coming years whose main focus will be pertinent clinical supervision themes (5 CPD hours each) which are relevant for the seasoned professionals who want to evolve their supervisory practices by practising specialised skills that research and clinical experience has identified as core in the development of clinical professionals. While there will be space to integrate actual field experiences in the reflection exercises, this training workshop is not a regular supervision group and therefore, its aim is NOT to bring up and discuss specific cases. You will, however practice several skills that can be applied in your work.
Since the workshops will cover different themes, one can attend separate individual workshops or choose to enrol in various ones.
While we would all probably agree that our well-being as clinical professionals is core to maintaining healthy clinical practices, many helping professionals tend to be focused on taking care of others, often risking neglecting our self-care needs. The first workshop will focus on supporting clinicians to adopt a proactive approach to their own well-being and healing. Transformational therapeutic leaders lead by example; they commit to the process of continuous personal and professional development, address their own wounds, and in the process, can become authentic mental health advocates.
In this workshop, we will cover the following themes:
· Monitoring the clinicians' holistic well-being to prevent burnout
· Identify various Burnout Prevention Restorative Tools that can be practised daily.
· Practice multi-sensory tools that support well-being; these are rituals we can incorporate into our daily life that give us a happy chemical boost.
· Healthy Therapeutic boundaries support self-care. Moving from confluence to compassion.
· How to support colleagues who are going through physical or mental health challenges in their lives
· Ethical considerations related to the theme of clinicians’ well-being.
· The role of supervision and personal therapy in the journey of the clinician’s well-being.
Booking and Payment Procedure:
1. Booking through the website: https://www.drelainegrechpsychotherapist.com/upcoming-events
and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
• Payment needs to take place within 24 hours; otherwise, your registration will not be secured.
• Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
• Email confirmation of payment to email@example.com so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding the workshop.
3. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and will receive a certificate of attendance with the actual amount of CPD hours completed after completing the workshop. The certificate will reflect the hours actually completed so please make sure you are present for the whole workshop.
4. Please note that it is on a first-come, first-served basis and therefore, your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
5. The payment is non-refundable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being cancelled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
6. Around a week before the workshop, you will receive an email with the address in Pembroke and some ideas on preparing yourself for the training.
Fee 100€ Full Fee
90€ Early bird fee if you pay by 30th August 2023
Payment on Revolut
or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
Paypal firstname.lastname@example.org (If using PayPal, please add 5 euros to the amount to cover the PayPal Fee).
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
Looking forward to our shared space.
Dr Elaine Grech