Fri, 21 May|
Healing Sounds: Sound and music-based interventions in therapeutic practices
Time & Location
21 May 2021, 08:30 – 16:30 GMT+2
About the Event
“Listen to the sound of the waves within you” Rumi.
Are you a practitioner who would like to add accessible sounds and music-based interventions to your therapeutic toolbox?
Do you want to explore sound-based therapeutic practices that enhance self-awareness and also the connection between significant others?
Would you like to learn and practise therapeutic interventions that make use of sound and music?
Nature of Group: Open to Various Practitioners, including psychotherapists, social workers, psychologists, care-workers, psychiatrists, counsellors, guidance teachers, teachers, youth workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists and more.
Research on trauma (van der Kolk, 2014) has highlighted the effectiveness of right-brain interventions when helping people who might be lost for words. Sensorial interventions, including those making use of sound and music, can ‘give voice’ and ‘heal’ traumatic experiences hard to narrate. For auditory learners, sound and music can be the right ‘language’ that supports learning and unlocks the healing process. Studies have linked the therapeutic use of sound and music to reducing stress and anxiety (Cooper, 2016; de Witte, Spruit, van Hooren, Moonen & Stams, 2020). Sounds and music can enhance our physical and emotional well-being, lift our mood and boost our immune system (Chanda & Levitin, 2013).
In this workshop, we will experiment with sound and music in therapeutic or other healing settings. We will listen, sing, hum, drum and move to the rhythm. These right-brain interventions can be practised in various contexts, including personal and professional development settings, therapeutic work with individuals, couples and families, care-work, teaching, group work, occupational therapy, speech therapy, music therapy. By the end of this workshop, you will take with you several easy to implement sound and music-based tools that you can hand over to the people you support. Let us give sound and music the voice they deserve in therapeutic practices.
Looking forward to our musical space!
Fee 80€ Full Fee (Non-refundable)
70€ Early bird fee if you pay by 21st March 2021
Payment on Revolut
or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
Paypal firstname.lastname@example.org (If using PayPal please add 5 euro to the amount to cover the PayPal Fee).
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
Booking Procedure If you would like to book:
1. Either book through the website www.drelainegrechpsychotherapist.com from Future events and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
· Payment needs to take place within 24 hours otherwise your registration will not be secured.
· Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
· Email confirmation of payment on email@example.com so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding the workshop.
3. Alternatively, if not booking through the website:
· Text me on 0035699447307 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability.
· Email me including the following information: Name, Mobile, email I will send you zoom invite on, Payment Details (amount and where money was sent).
· Kindly write your name, email address and date of the workshop as payment details. And please let me know the payment was sent.
4. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and will receive a certificate of attendance after completing the workshop.
5. Please note that it is on a first come first served basis and therefore your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
6. The payment is non-refundable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being cancelled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
7. Around a week before the workshop you will be receiving an email with the zoom link and some ideas on how to prepare yourself for the training.
Looking forward to our shared space.
Dr Elaine Grech