Fri, 05 Feb|
An experiential and expressive online training workshop based on right-brain practices.
Time & Location
05 Feb 2021, 08:30 – 16:30 GMT+1
About the Event
Are you a practitioner who would like to explore and practice right-brain interventions on how to support people who have experienced trauma?
How do we regulate our own emotions when working with traumatized people?
‘Trauma is located in the part of our brain that has no words’ (Van der Kolk, September 2020).
Trauma is carried in the body and can leave a deficit in the left part of the brain which is responsible for speech. This explains why traumatic flashbacks can leave us speechless. The intentions of this workshop are inspired by the work of Bessel van der Kolk ‘The Body Keeps the Score’ (2014), who has highlighted the evidence-based, crucial role of right-brain interventions in the healing of trauma. Van der Kolk explains why left -brain-based therapeutic interventions that rely heavily on cognition and words can be limiting.
The right brain is emotional and spatial. Therefore, expressive therapeutic approaches that activate the use and expression of the senses in the here and now can be highly therapeutic. In this workshop, we will have the opportunity to practice specific right-brain inspired therapeutic interventions that support the healing of trauma. These include practices based on embodiment, body awareness (somatic practice), mindfulness, movement, expressive art, sound, visualisation, metaphors, enactment/role-playing.
Looking forward to our co-constructed right-brain space.
Nature of Group: Open to Various Practitioners including psychotherapists, social workers, psychologists, care-workers, psychiatrists, counsellors, guidance teachers, youth workers and more.
Maximum number: 24 practitioners
Location: Online Zoom (Participants who do not have zoom can still participate once they download the zoom app from a link I will be emailing you).
Fee 80€ Full Fee
70€ Early bird fee if you pay by 5th December 2020
Payment on Revolut
or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
Booking Procedure If you would like to book:
1. Either book through the website www.drelainegrechpsychotherapist.com from Future events and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
· Payment needs to take place within 24 hours otherwise your registration will not be secured.
· Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
· Email confirmation of payment on firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding workshop.
3. Alternatively, if not booking through the website:
· Text me on 0035699447307 or email me on email@example.com to confirm availability.
· Email me including the following information: Name, Mobile, email I will send you zoom invite on, Payment Details (amount and where money was sent).
· Kindly write your name, email address and date of the workshop as payment details. And please let me know the payment was sent.
4. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and will receive a certificate of attendance after completing the workshop.
5. Please note that it is on first come first served basis and therefore your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
6. The payment is non-refundable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being cancelled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
Looking forward to our shared space.
Dr Elaine Grech