Sat, 04 Dec|
Incorporating Intuition in our Practices
An experiential, embodied and creatively expressive workshop for multi-disciplinary practitioners
Time & Location
04 Dec 2021, 08:20 – 16:30 GMT+1
About the Event
Delivered by: Dr. Elaine Grech
(Gestalt Psychotherapist & Systemic Couple and Family Therapist)
“Only through intuition can clinicians attune to the uniqueness of the individual, the moment, and the “chemistry” of the specific therapist-patient dyad”.
(Schore and Marks-Tarlow, 2019, p.180).
Fee: 80€ Full Fee
70€: Early bird fee (if you pay by the 4th September 2021 ) Scroll down for Booking and Payment Procedure
Venue: Zoom (a link will be sent)
· How do we incorporate intuition in our lives and our practices?
· How do we cultivate our intuition? And how do we support the people we work with to develop it in themselves and those and others?
· How do we recognize intuition from anxiety?
· Which educational and parenting practices support the development of intuition in children?
· How can intuition (as a right-brain practice) complement and support other left-brain skills such as acquired knowledge?
“Intuition and empathy are right brain functions, and both operate at levels beneath conscious awareness” (Allan Schore, 2019, p. 257)
Who is this workshop aimed for: Multi-disciplinary practitioners who work in various contexts, including therapeutic, clinical, care, medical, holistic wellbeing, educational, managerial, business development and other various contexts.
Although intuition is innate to humankind, it has been overlooked and marginalised. While in the past, psychological practices had placed most emphasis on conscious reasoning, there is now a growing interest in the role of "bodily-based emotion" (Schore, 2019, p.257). Intuition which “lies at the core of clinical expertise” (Score, 2019, p.243), is defined by Schore as "the ability to understand and know something immediately without conscious reasoning”.
Over these past 25 years, I have been inspired by practitioners from different contexts (including educational, therapeutic, medical, holistic wellbeing, artistic, managerial and more), whose practices were enhanced by honouring their intuition and that of the people they were supporting. As a therapeutic professional, I have committed myself to keep exploring and learning ways on how we can effectively incorporate intuition in our practices. Professionals from around the world, including those who this year have shared their contribution in an online summit on Intuitive Medicine, and also the research and clinical work of academics and clinicians such as Dr Allan Schore (2019) and Dr Terry Marks-Tarlow, have given intuition space and voice it deserves in clinical conversations.
Listening to my own intuition, inspired me in creating a workshop dedicated to various multi-disciplinary practitioners who would like to experience a multi-disciplinary therapeutic space where these processes can be explored and developed further. In this workshop, we will become more aware of how to recognise our innate intuitive abilities, how to develop them further, and how to incorporate them into our practices in a mindful and grounded way. These intuitive skills that we practice in the workshop can then be shared with our fellow explorers, be they colleagues, clients, students, patients or significant others. Incorporating intuition in our decision-making processes can be holistically beneficial in many sectors of our lives, including our holistic wellbeing, our learning, our work practices, our relationships and our day-to-day decisions that create the palette of our lives.
Looking forward to our intuitive space!
Booking and Payment Procedure:
1. Book Through the Website's Upcoming Events
and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
• Payment needs to take place within 24 hours; otherwise, your registration will not be secured.
• Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
• Email confirmation of payment on email@example.com so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding the workshop.
3. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and a certificate of attendance after completing the workshop.
4. Please note that it is on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore, your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
5. The payment is non-refundable and non-transferable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being cancelled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
6. Around a week before the workshop, you will receive an email with the zoom link and some ideas on how to prepare yourself for the training.
Payment on Revolut
or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
(If using PayPal, please add 5 euro to the amount to cover the PayPal Fee).
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
Looking forward to our intuitive space
Dr Elaine Grech
Dr Elaine Grech
MSc.Lond.Systemic Couple & Family Therapy;
PhD (Melit.) Family Studies;
Gestalt Psychotherapist; Systemic Couple and Family Therapist;
Warranted Psychotherapist: PPBM 20; Warranted Teacher: 9513.
Mobile: (00356) 99447307
Facebook Page: Amethyst: Reflective and Creative Therapeutic Practices