Fri, 03 Jun|
It's Hard to Say Goodbye
An experiential, reflexive workshop for multi-disciplinary practitioners who support people who are experiencing loss and grief.
Time & Location
03 Jun 2022, 08:25 – 16:00 GMT+2
About the Event
“Your body is away from me, but there is a window open from my heart to yours”. (Rumi).
This workshop is aimed for: Multi-disciplinary practitioners who work in various contexts supporting children and adults who are experiencing loss and grief. These contexts can include therapeutic, clinical, care, medical, holistic wellbeing, educational, and other settings.
Date: Friday 3rd June 2022
Time: 8.25 am to 4.00 pm Malta Time
Full Fee: 80€ Early bird fee 70€ (if you pay by the 3rd April 2022)
Venue: Zoom (a link will be sent)
Delivered by: Dr Elaine Grech
(Warranted Gestalt Psychotherapist, Systemic Couple and Family Therapist and Teacher)
MSc.Lond.Systemic Couple & Family Therapy;
PhD (Melit.) Family Studies.
Book on Website: https://www.drelainegrechpsychotherapist.com/upcoming-events
Mobile: (00356) 99447307
Facebook Page: Amethyst: Reflective and Creative Therapeutic Practices
How do we support:
· Children and adults who have experienced a sudden traumatic death of a loved one?
· Parents who have gone through the painful loss of a miscarriage or lost a child?
· People who know their life on this earth is soon coming to an end and their significant others?
· How do we as practitioners come to terms with the death of our loved ones?
· How do our losses affect our practices when working with family members facing a similar experience?
· How do we support grieving loved ones to find peace and release their loved ones to rest in peace?
It's hard to say goodbye to someone to whom we are attached. Loss of loved ones is a vulnerable process even when the passing is of a loved one who has lived a long, fulfilling life. The process becomes more painful and complex when the loss occurs unexpected and untimely such as when the children leave before the parents or when we lose a loved one through a terminal illness in the prime of their lives or when a significant other disappears suddenly out of our lives.
Traumatic losses can include fatal tragedies or losses of loved ones who decided to move to the other side and took their own lives or whose life was taken. Some losses leave us wondering what actually happened, and we might need to come to terms with not ever getting to know "factually" what happened. The loved ones left behind might need support to process their unresolved grief.
During these past 25 years, I have sat with many people who have experienced losses of loved ones or were preparing to die. Their shock, disbelief, bargaining, anger, pain, regrets, sadness, relief, struggles and above all love, resilience and acceptance has supported me to embark on this workshop. As reflexive practitioners, we become aware that our own loss can be triggered when working with grief. Working therapeutically through our grief can equip us with the sense of integrity and security we need to support people who are going through a similar experience.
The main therapeutic aim of this workshop is to create a containing space where we can equip ourselves with the necessary attuned disposition when working through the vulnerable themes of loss and grief. Besides working with individuals, from a systemic perspective, we will also be exploring the importance of working with significant others and supporting them to grief as a family, a group, a team or a community. We will have the opportunity to explore some multi-sensorial supportive therapeutic rituals to facilitate this vulnerable process in different contexts and with people with different beliefs. The conceptual framework of attachment will help us make sense of how to attune to the different needs of grieving loved ones.
Booking and Payment Procedure:
Fee 80€ Full Fee
70€ Early bird fee if you pay by the 3rd April 2022
Payment on Revolut or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
Paypal firstname.lastname@example.org (If using PayPal please add 5 euros to the amount to cover the PayPal Fee).
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
1. Booking through the website: https://www.drelainegrechpsychotherapist.com/upcoming-events
and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
• Payment needs to take place within 24 hours otherwise your registration will not be secured.
• Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
• Email confirmation of payment on email@example.com so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding the workshop.
3. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and will receive a certificate of attendance after completing the workshop.
4. Please note that it is on a first come first served basis and therefore your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
5. The payment is non-refundable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being cancelled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
6. Around a week before the workshop, you will receive an email with the zoom link and some ideas on how to prepare yourself for the training.
Looking forward to our shared space.
Dr Elaine Grech