Thu, 10 Mar|
Location is TBD
Nature-Inspired Therapeutic Tools
An experiential, embodied and expressive workshop for multi-disciplinary practitioners.
Time & Location
10 Mar 2022, 08:20 – 16:30 GMT+1
Location is TBD
About the Event
Are you a multi-disciplinary professional who experiences nature as healing and would like to explore ways how you could make more space for nature in your practice?
Do you want to be therapeutically inspired by nature in its various elements?
Would you like to practice therapeutic interventions inspired by the earth, the water, the sky, the wind, fire, the animal kingdom and more...?
"Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better"
Venue: Zoom (a link will be sent)
Delivered by: Dr Elaine Grech
(Gestalt Psychotherapist & Systemic Couple and Family Therapist)
Date: Thursday 10th March 2022
Time: 8.20 am to 4.30 pm Malta Time
Fee 80 € Full Fee
70€ Early bird fee (if you pay by 10th December 2021)
To book visit website: https://www.drelainegrechpsychotherapist.com
Nature has been since I can remember, a healing space for me. My grandma’s garden, the open fields and wild terrain and the sea in my childhood village have provided me with a secure base that I still embody in the here and now. Research has directly provided evidence that nature truly heals (Corazon et al., 2012; Kuo, 2015; Yuen & Jenkins, 2020). Being outside in nature is highly therapeutic in itself. Furthermore, incorporating nature-inspired interventions in our therapeutic practices can widen our skills set, even when working online.
Such nature-inspired tools can be beneficial for those drawn to nature as our healer and could easily access these tools. Furthermore, for some clients, such as those who experienced trauma, right-brain interventions such as those we will be practising in this workshop might be the only way for the time being to express themselves and regulate their emotions. Thus, these tools aim at supporting attunement, regulation of emotions, insight into oneself and one's relationships. The theoretical background for this workshop includes gestalt and systemic psychotherapy and expressive, somatic and multi-sensorial therapeutic modalities.
The workshop's aim is two-fold: it supports both the personal and professional development of the practitioner. We will have the opportunity to work reflexively both individually and with our peers, practising some expressive skills, including mindful visualisation, embodiment, expressive art therapy and spontaneous writing. This workshop welcomes multi-disciplinary practitioners, including therapists from different modalities, social workers, psychologists, counsellors, guidance teachers, teachers, doctors, child and youth care workers, support workers, occupational therapists, speech therapists and others. Anyone interested, do reach out. These right-brain interventions can also be used in supervision and staff support groups or other settings where we support professionals' personal and professional development. So, this workshop might be of interest also to those of you who supervise or support your colleagues.
Booking and Payment Procedure:
1. Book Through the Website's upcoming events
and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
• Payment needs to take place within 24 hours otherwise, your registration will not be secured.
• Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
• Email confirmation of payment on email@example.com so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding the workshop.
3. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and will receive a certificate of attendance after completing the workshop.
4. Please note that it is on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore, your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
5. The payment is non-refundable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being cancelled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
6. Around a week before the workshop, you will receive an email with the zoom link and some ideas for preparing yourself for the training.
Payment on Revolut
or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
(If using PayPal, please add 5 euros to the amount to cover the PayPal Fee).
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
Looking forward to our creative space