Mon, 26 Jul|
On Zoom (Link will be sent)
Using colours and drawings: Creative & expressive therapeutic work with children, young people, families and teams.
An experiential, expressive, colourful workshop where we will explore and practice useful therapeutic interventions inspired by colours and drawings.
Time & Location
26 Jul 2021, 08:30 – 16:30 GMT+2
On Zoom (Link will be sent)
About the Event
The Group is Aimed for: Practitioners who would like to learn more about how to use drawings and colours in their work and integrate these skills in their practice. Since the workshop is experiential it also aims to support the personal and professional growth of the practitioners. The professionals include psychotherapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors, guidance teachers, social workers, child and youth care workers, support workers and others. Anyone who is interested reach out. Since this workshop will take place online, participants can also explore how expressive art-based interventions can also take place using an online platform.
In this workshop we will explore how we can use drawings and colours as an intervention; which will help us reflect more on how we communicate through what we draw. We will learn ways how we can develop an engaging ‘therapeutic conversation’ based on the drawing. We will discuss ideas on ‘when’ and ‘how’ it might be useful to relate what came out from the drawing to the life circumstances of the child or family. It is important to point out that one does not need to have any artistic skills to ‘draw’ as in this type of work ‘drawings’ are used as a form of self-expression and therefore any scribble or symbol or a choice of colour is meaningful and expressive as it is. I will share different ideas on how to incorporate this creative way of working in our daily work with children, young people and their families. These art-based interventions can also be used in supervision and staff support groups or other settings where we support personal and professional development of professionals. We will also be exploring drawings and colours as part of other right-brain interventions such as sound and movement.
Location: Online Zoom (Participants who do not have zoom can still participate once they download the zoom app from a link I will be emailing you).
Fee 80€ Full Fee
70€ Early bird fee if you pay by the 26th May 2021
Payment on Revolut
or Mobile Banking: 00356 99447307
Paypal firstname.lastname@example.org (If using PayPal please add 5 euro to the amount to cover the PayPal Fee).
Online Bank Transfer
SWIFT Code: VALLMTMT IBAN: MT60VALL22013000000040013125068
Booking and Payment Procedure:
1. Either book through the website www.drelainegrechpsychotherapist.com from Future events and click Register Now on the event of your choice.
2. How to secure your payment:
· Payment needs to take place within 24 hours otherwise your registration will not be secured.
· Write your name and the workshop’s title when processing the payment so that payment can be identified.
· Email confirmation of payment on email@example.com so that I can confirm your booking: Name and Surname, Workshop Title and Date, Method of Payment chosen and email address for correspondence regarding the workshop.
3. Alternatively, if not booking through the website:
· Text me on 0035699447307 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability.
· Email me including the following information: Name, Mobile, email I will send you zoom invite on, Payment Details (amount and where money was sent).
· Kindly write your name, email address and date of the workshop as payment details. And please let me know the payment was sent.
4. Participants will receive a receipt of payment on the email provided and will receive a certificate of attendance after completing the workshop.
5. Please note that it is on a first come first served basis and therefore your booking can only be confirmed after receiving payment and registration.
6. The payment is non-refundable unless due to the rare eventuality of the workshop being cancelled by the facilitator if the minimum number is not reached.
7. Around a week before the workshop you will be receiving an email with the zoom link and some ideas on how to prepare yourself for the training
Looking forward to our shared space.
Dr Elaine Grech